Hello everyone! Don and I have finally decided to begin a blog. I've never been much of a journal keeper or scrapbooker, so I'm glad to have a way to chronicle the lives and times of our little family of two.
Quick update:
Don and I live in Tucson, AZ. He works at Raytheon on missile defense systems. He can't tell me too much about what he does. In fact, some nights I ask him what he did at work and he says, "I typed...all day." and that is all he can tell me. He enjoys what he is doing but is excited to be starting his PhD in Electrical Engineering with an emphasis in Optics this Fall at University of Colorado at Boulder (CU Boulder).
I am working for Sunquest Information Systems, Inc., which is a medical laboratory software company. I am a buyer for the company and I also work on third party contracts. I am still a temp (and will be until we move to Boulder mid-August), yet I process million dollar contracts and I actually created and presented a mandatory training for the company last Thursday. I must say that I've been amazed with what they allowed me to do as a temp in this company.
Tucson is very diverse and has an interesting cultural mix which includes Hispanic, Native American, and American influences. We've enjoyed living here. It is surprisingly lush near the mountains that surround the valley, but it gets more barren the further you are from the foothills. The Mexican food is fabulous (I actually didn't even like Mexican food before we moved here, but I'm hooked) and there are a lot of fun things to do, which we will detail in our later posts.
2 comments:
excited to find your blog. :)
hey Em...I found your blog and was excited to see. My hubby and I just started ours and we've got a lot to learn about it...haha. Anyway, I'm here in Highlands Ranch, CO...which is just south of Denver..staying with my in-laws for a bit before we move to TX. And my dad-in-law works at Raytheon, and I didn't know Don worked there. Best of luck with your new job! Love ya.
Post a Comment