Thursday, February 17, 2011

Sam Speaks!

I have so much catching up to do but before I get on to Christmas (yes, I know it's February!) and our amazing Europe trip, I wanted to post this little gem.

So, Sam doesn't talk a lot. In fact, he hardly talks at all. We consider him to be the "strong, silent type". While all his little girl friends (for some reason, all of his friends but one are girls) are speaking 7 word sentences and saying "allosaurus", he is happy to point and grunt, caveman style. I know he knows lots of words and understands a lot of what I say because he follows directions well (i.e. put the ball in the bucket. Go find your socks, etc.). He'll often say a word once or twice and then never says it again. For example, he said "heyo" for hello for about a week when he was 15 months old and hasn't said it since. He also said his first two word sentence about a month ago and hasn't said it again. He said, "Bye, bye, dada" - while waving to Don out the window as he rode away on his bike to work. So cute! He has said mama and dada for a long time now but this is the first time I've captured him saying it on camera. He's not one to perform.

And you know, nothing melts your heart quite like hearing your kid say "mama". Also, I love his little banged-up toddler face. It is a rare instance that he doesn't have a big bump or scrape and every time I think, "Oh! His face has finally healed up!", he falls down and scrapes his eyebrow off again. Such is the life of the little people.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Adorable! Sam is such a sweetheart.

Cami P said...

Aww he is so cute! I can't believe how big he's getting.

Christine Lake said...

I love that kid.

The Kynastons said...

Wait. You went to EUROPE?? When did this happen? I can't wait to hear about your trip!!!

Sam is absolutely adorable. I love his sweet little voice!