Thursday, March 1, 2012

Don's Birthday and Other Fun

At the end of November, Sammy and I went to Xtreme Altitude, which is a crazy fun gymnastic gym. Too bad about the terrible name. Anyway, Staci and Adam, our good friends, came with Sam and I and we had such a great time jumping in the foam blocks, bouncing on trampolines, and running around on balance beams, etc.

Sam loved the foam blocks and really, I couldn't blame him. I loved them too. I was the only mom who was jumping around in them and tackling my kid. I even got busted by one of workers for doing flips into the foam pit. She gave me a full five minute lecture in front of a bunch of the other moms about how this wasn't a time for reliving all of my "high school glory days" and that I was a liability risk, etc. It was embarrassing and ridiculous all at the same time. Good times.


Here are a bunch of fuzzy pictures taken with my terrible camera that show how much fun Sammy was having. 



Tossing Sammy across the pit.


Sammy and Adam







Saturday, December 3rd brought Sammy's best friend, Josh Park's, birthday party. It was a pirate themed party complete with a treasure hunt in the bathtub and a pirate ship pizza. Laurie-Anne is so creative. It was a great party.


Josh Walk-The-Plank Parks, the birthday boy, with his awesome pirate balloon sword.


Sword fights. Ah, the joy!

On Sunday, December 11th, Don turned 32! Sammy and I got up before church to make him french toast for breakfast and then we went to church.


I made Don a hideous cake that we took to Don's birthday party (really, our monthly dinner potluck with friends). Since Don refuses to let me throw him birthday parties, it was the perfect solution.


Candle time!



Tyler was hovering over me trying to get at the cake. Good thing I had a knife.


Here is what the ugly cake looked like. When I'd put all the chocolate chips on, Don told me it looked like deer poop and he couldn't have been more right. Disgusting, but funny. 


A bunch of our friends at Don's "party". 



Sammy was pretty thrilled with the cake.


And here he is with his favorite friend ever, Josh. Look at those matching eyes closed smiles. Cute kids.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Ooohh! I love that last picture of Sammy and Josh with their eyes closed and pinched smiles. And that gymnastic place looks so much fun, I'll have to try it with someday!

Laurie said...

PS: and good for you for still being able to do flips!! I almost gave myself a stiff neck doing a back somersault for Josh the other day!