While Don's mom and Christine were here, we went on a picnic to Gross Reservoir. It was a bit rainy, but we had a good time. It was so nice to have the help, particularly when I had to go and do work things. We miss the company and help and are looking forward to our family reunions. I'm particularly excited to have Sam meet all his aunts, uncles, and cousins!
Sam has been growing and gaining weight like crazy. The hospital here has a breastfeeding club on Friday where you can go and talk to the lactation consultant and hang out with other new moms. You can also weigh your baby to ensure they are gaining weight. The club has been extremely helpful to me as I try to get the hang of breastfeeding (whoever said that this was natural was crazy!) and I love gleaning knowledge from all the other moms. When I weighed Sam two weeks ago, he weighed 9 lbs. When I weighed him last week he was 9 lbs 14.5 oz. and this week he was 10 lbs. 11.5 oz! The kid is on his way to being a chunk!
I decided that each month, I am going to take a picture of Sam next to the same toy (a stuffed Pooh bear) so that I have a record of how much he is growing. Also, Christine and I had a fun time doing a little photo shot of Sam. He is such a cute little guy.
Also, a few weeks ago, Don's classmates came over and cooked dinner for us. The food was fabulous and we had a great time.
Sam is starting to smile and is awake and alert more often. He especially loved his Aunt Christine, as you can see below.
We moved last Saturday to our new apartment on the other side of Smiley Court. Now I am official since our door says "Student Manager" and people know where to find me if they get locked out, need a parking pass, etc. The move was really tiring and our apartment is still a mess since it's hard to get things done with the little guy, but it is so nice to know we will actually be here for a few years. We have moved 6 times in the 3 1/2 years we've been married and we are ready to be done for awhile. We are finally getting rid of the boxes we've kept since our move to Tucson. We've used them for four moves now in the last two years, so they've served us well, but we're thrilled to retire them.
Yesterday was six weeks from Sam's birthday! I don't have my doctor's appointment 'til Wednesday to get the clear for exercise, but we went on a little hike anyway. I've been itching to get out and do things, especially because the weather has been so beautiful and everything is so green! Hooray!
Here is a picture of Sam that Don took today. He is getting so big!
14 comments:
It was fun to see you guys up and at 'em at church yesterday. Props to Don for being a good and supportive dad - I've found that's incredibly rare, even in the church. And way to go for passing the exam, especially under all the stress of having a new baby!
Sounds like you guys have had a great past few weeks. I hope you're getting more sleep now - you look happy and awake (I'm sure there's bad days too, but yesterday you just looked so happy.).
Anyways, can't wait to have you guys (and Sam) over for some games again sometime. :)
Oh! And glad you got breastfeeding down - yes, it can be a pain!
oh man he is getting so big i can't believe it. i seriously can't wait to see him in just about a month. YEAH!!! I'm really itching to see you guys and to meet Sam.
Hooray! Not that I doubted for a second that he wouldn't pass. He's too smart to not succeed! As for Sam, yum! How come that baby is so cute I could just eat him?
(Oh yeah, he won the genetic lottery with those parents of his.)
Oh my gosh, Sam is adorable!! I love all the pictures! It's so cute how big his smile is. I'm excited for when Macie can smile :) And hooray for making it to your six week mark - that's awesome!
I love the second one of him next to the bear, his pose is so cute!
Congrats to Don! I am glad to hear you are enjoying your little guy. He is so adorable! Take care.
What a cutie!
Congrats to Don! (Which also means congrats to the entire family!)
woohoo! I love to see the updates! Congrats to Don on his text results, and to you for having such a cute and smart family! Little Sam is looking more and more like his Aunt Mary. :) Love it.
he is sooo cute Emily!! I am so happy for your new little family!! love you and miss you
I loved the smiling Sam! I can't wait to meet him . . . it's not soon enough! Sounds like you've been one busy sissy!
Em! I saw your comment on Sara's blog and was so excited to blog stalk you -- congrats on a stinkin' adorable baby! It's so good to see you and Don are doing well and that you created such a beautiful little offspring. Love your face!
Sam is adorable! Looks like everything is going great with you guys! We miss you guys. Hope your enjoying being parents, it is awesome. And you will get sleep someday!
Hi Emily! Congrats on the beautiful baby! I love the name Sam. You are a beautiful family!
I saw your comment on Mary's blog and just wanted to say your little guy is super cute! You have a beautiful family!
Post a Comment