Thursday, November 19, 2009

Half a Birthday to You!


Sam is 6 months old! I can't believe how fast time is flying. It makes me appreciate every little moment with him. He had his first rice cereal on Monday, his half birthday. We decided to sing him a lovely off-tune rendition of "Half a Birthday," rather than Happy Birthday and blow out a candle. I thought about putting the candle in his first rice cereal, but we decided it might not work so well and wax + rice cereal wasn't a great combination for a first meal. He'll have to wait to eat wax in his cheap Halloween candy chocolates in future years. :)


You can see below how Sam felt about our singing and blowing out the candle. I've watched this video about 20 times because it just cracks me up!


Sam has started rolling across the room to get things he wants. He doesn't do it consistently, so it is always a little unexpected. The other day, I was working on something on the computer, and when I turned around to look at him, he had rolled across the room and was playing under a paper grocery bag. When he had his shots last week, he just stopped rolling over for about a week. I got a little worried, but now he's back at it. He's also started sitting up really well on his own.

Here are some of Sam's 6 month pictures. He looks a lot like his daddy now. He's such a funny, giggly kid. He is ticklish and will just giggle and giggle when we tickle his tummy. I love this kid!



Yesterday was our 4th anniversary. Last night, Don surprised me by taking me to buy some shoes at REI that I've been wanting for about 5 years. I'd always just look at them and think they were too expensive, so I never bought them. I'm so excited about my new shoes!

After REI, we went to a Thai restaurant for dinner. It was near Sam's bedtime so we decided just to get takeout. While we waited for our takeout, we walked over to the World Market and picked up some fun treats (i.e. Don got salt and vinegar chips and I got Australian thin mint type cookies that an Australian guy at the store said I'd like). We put Sam to bed, ate our dinner, watched a movie and ate our treats. It was just a great night with Don. I fell in love with him because we have so much fun together and he is just so easy going and such a good person. Last night was just a perfect reminder of why we are so great together. I am so blessed to have such a great husband and to be able to be with him for eternity!

10 comments:

Christine Lake said...

That first picture of sam is incredibly adorable. It is even my background. He's getting so big. I'm sorry he didn't enjoy his half birthday! I hope to see you guys soonish!

Marisa said...

um, yes. Pretty much, that video was super funny! :-D

Anonymous said...

Four years! Wow! Look at us grow up! And Sam too! Woohoo!

Cher said...

Happy Anniversary to you, too!! What's funny is that we went out for Thai food tonight, too! :) soo good! Oh, Sam is so stinkin cute, Em! You must just love him to pieces!!...obviously! :) Hope you are well! Thanks for the anniversary wishes. Love you!

Raspberry said...

I want to see a picture of those shoes! And Sam...oh how I love Sam... :)

sara said...

Cute pictures and fun date! Way to make it special!

brooke said...

Your little man is the cutest baby I have ever seen. Hope you guys are doing well in Colorado. Best wishes, Evan and Brooke Millar

The Royal Buffington's said...

So fun. I see alot of you in Sam too, Em.

Kyle said...

that video was indeed hilarious. hearing your voice made me smile. i even liked the off-key song. =) adorable family.

Kyle said...

this is tiff, by the way, not kyle (kinda weird if he loves the sound of your voice...)