We were at the grocery store a few weeks ago just stocking up on the usual stuff. I always buy low-fat plain yogurt because I eat it when I get "crungry" (cranky and hungry) to stabilize my blood sugar. It tastes better than the fat free, which just tastes like sour cream, and has less sugar. I went to grab a carton and noticed that they were all out of the low-fat so I decided I had better just buy the fat free.
When we got home from the store, we started making dinner. We mixed up some filling for some delicious burritos and I pulled the sour cream from the fridge. Much to my dismay, the sour cream had gone bad. I had the perfect solution - just use the yogurt! It tastes like sour cream anyway, so why not!?
We pulled it out and added generous dollops to our burritos. We also added the new green chili salsa I had bought at the store. I finished wrapping up my burrito and took a huge bite! Oh, it was absolutely DISGUSTING! Something is wrong with that salsa, I said to Don. It is so sweet! It is so nasty!
Don took a bite of his burrito and said, "Vanilla...the yogurt. It's vanilla."
It was really funny, but we'd used all of the filling for the burritos, so Don ate two full burritos full of vanilla yogurt. I only ate about 3/4 of mine before I just couldn't eat another bite. It was so disgusting!
The next day, Don asked if I wanted some yogurt and frozen berries, which is usually a favorite evening treat. I just couldn't do it. I don't know if I'll ever be able to eat vanilla yogurt again.
Another momnesia moment: Recently, after a particularly sleepless night, I tried to boil spaghetti in cold water. I pulled out a pan, filled it with water, put it on the stove, pulled out the spaghetti and stuck it right in the water. I then left the kitchen, came back 10 minutes later and wondered why my darn spaghetti wasn't cooking. I stirred it a couple times before realizing that I had never turned the stove on and had just thrown the spaghetti in the water without even letting it boil first. I had to fish out all the noodles and let the water boil before putting them in. They were a little rubbery and weird tasting after that.
Man, the lack of sleep really messes with my ability to function. It's a good thing Sam is just so darn cute or I don't know how I'd get up in the night so often!
3 comments:
I never used a timer on anything I cooked until I had Eli. Then I fell asleep while making a batch of cookies which cook for what, 10 minutes?! They ended up cooking a lot longer....I was craving chocolate....I started using a timer.
Love the stories. The vanilla yogurt would be hard to eat in burritos - gah! So true about the cooking and needing a timer!
Your stories always entertain. The previous post is a laugh out loud!
Post a Comment