
Don: A couple of weeks ago my friend Nick rode his touring bike into Boulder after riding for a month and nearly 2,000 miles. He recently graduated from CU and decided to spend two months biking across the country to raise money for SafeHouse Denver, a women's and children's domestic violence shelter. While volunteering for the shelter, he and his wife, Maria, were blown away by the immensity of the problem of domestic violence. Nick named his cycling project "AntiCycle: Cycling Against the Cycle," in reference to bicycling against the cycle of domestic violence. I was impressed with his desire to help the shelter and make difference, so I decided to bike with him and find out how his ride was going. Friday morning (July 7, 2011), I rode with Nick through the back roads of Boulder and up the Morgul-Bismarck route to 120th in Superior. Then I had to turn around to give a presentation at my group meeting while Nick rode on through Denver. After the meeting Emily, Sam, and I were headed to Colorado Springs for a family reunion. Emily dropped me off in Parker, where I met up with Nick and we biked over the Palmer Divide towards Colorado Springs. It was a wet, cold ride. My dad eventually met up with us and took some pictures.
Nick is currently in Kentucky and has been keeping an interesting blog about his journey. On his blog there is a link to support the cause:
AntiCycle.
No comments:
Post a Comment