We went to the doctor on Friday and I had my 20 week ultrasound. We found out that the wildly kicking baby inside of me is forming perfectly, weighs about 12 ounces, and is a very proud BOY! We are thrilled that we will soon have little Curnis Margarine with us.
A little explanation about the name "Curnis Margarine." When Don and I found out we were having a baby (on the 23rd of September) we tried to come up with a name to refer to the baby in utero. Don decided that if we combined both of our fathers' names (Dennis and Curtis) you get Curnis, and if you combine both of our mothers' names (Margaret and Catheryn), you get Margarine. And thus...Curnis Margarine was born. Well, he wasn't born, but the name was born. He was still a zygote at this point. I think Curnis is the most terrible sounding name and I definitely prefer butter to margarine, but the name stuck and we still refer to the baby as Curnis.
If Don tries to convince any of you to call the baby Curnis after birth - you better tell me right away. I don't want this to stick. Poor kid; already getting terrible nicknames from his father. He hasn't even made it to elementary school yet!
12 comments:
We were the same way with Brinley, only hers has stuck kind of. While we were in Maui (I was 20 wks along and we had just found out it was a girl a few days before) we were walking the golf course watching an LPGA tournament and one of the golfers (Julietta Grenada) came by and someone joked we should name our daughter Julietta pronounced Who-lee-etta. That was not fine with me. Well later in the week she actually signed a golf ball for Steve so then everybody said you have to name her that! After that we started calling her Baby Who. To this day she still is called Who sometimes and my dad has taken to calling her Wholiberry. I guess there are worse things but it's pretty funny how it all came about :)
My sis-in-law when she is preggers they name the baby a complete different normal name and that's what they call the baby in utero. Then when they are born and are given a real name it takes us a while to get used to that new name cuz we have called them the other name for so long!
Yay!
And beware . . .now that we know it's a boy . . .and knowing how "active" he is . . .well . . .let's just say . . .watch out!!!
ok I'm really glad that the name is a joke, you scared me for a minute there :) We actually did the same thing and named our little fetus "Bobert" It stemmed from a conversation Nick and I had about why Bob is a nick-name for Robert, which led us to the decision that we could name the baby Bobert and nick-name it Rob. Anyways, it;s funny to know that other people do that too!
Horray for Curnis! Can't wait to meet this little boy - he will be so cute! Really glad it's just a nick name - I was a little confused at first and hoping the next 20 weeks would convince you otherwise. You never know...our name for Tally was "Itty Bitty" in the womb and we still call her our Itty Bitty.
Love you Em!
Lo
Sweet, Congrats!
I offer little hope in the nickname department. Our first little zygote got name "Harmonica Slim", better known as "Slim" by her merciless daddy. We then gave her a beautiful name we both loved, but alas, she has only ever been known as Slim to her daddy (Our Blog shows plenty of evidence of this)
Well, what do you expect from someone named (nicknamed) "Boz" and no one knows your real name.
How exciting! Only now I won't have any baby clothes to loan you. Now I don't feel so bad about using the name Audrey. Love you Em!
That is so exciting. Boys are definately way fun,I highly recommend them!!
Congratulations!!!
Um, where are you baby bump pictures????
Yeah for baby boys! You'll LOVE having a little boy around the house! I know I'll love my future little girls, but for some reason it is so easy for a mother to be totally obsessed and in love with her little boy:) Congrats!
We did that with Isaac, but his nick name would have been Petus (Pete and Curtis) but that was so horrible we couldn't even use it as a nick name while I was still pregnant.
Congratulations! I like the nickname. Be very careful though - it sounds like a lot of fetus nicknames have a tendency to stick. I found your blog through Amy's. Sorry if this out of the blue comment is a little stalker-like.
Congrats Em! That is so fun!! Boys are super fun- I should know, i have 2! I am just so excited for you and think your baby bump pictures are so cute!!
Post a Comment