The most important happening that has occurred since the last time we posted (yes, it has been five months...) is that WE'RE HAVING A BABY!! I'm due on May 26th and tomorrow, I'll be 20 weeks. I have my 20 week ultrasound on Friday and will find out whether it is a boy or girl. Don and I don't really care either way just as long as it is one or the other. Actually, I'm sure we'll love it no matter what. We think it may be a boy because it is kicking like crazy. Don has actually been able to feel the baby kicking, and that is pretty unusual for this early in the pregnancy. We're so excited!!
Don and I love our apartment in Boulder and are enjoying being near the mountains! Don is really enjoying his PhD program so far. He just finished his first semester and got great grades. He found that the courses were significantly more challenging than those he took during his graduate work at BYU, but he loves the challenge and everything he is learning. After the first few weeks of school, he came home and said, "It's so hard! I love it!" He works so hard and had a lot of late nights as the semester came to a close, but since he enjoys it so much, it makes it easier to have him gone and busy so often. I am so proud of him for doing this and for being so motivated.
My job is a huge challenge. I've recently received a raise and a promotion. A new Office Administrator/Bookkeeper will be starting next Monday and I will be moving into my new role as Quality Engineer/HR Administrator. I'm looking forward to being more involved in the projects and testing side of our product.
We went to Utah to visit my family for Thanksgiving and had a great time with my siblings and nieces and nephews. The highlight of the trip was doing a service project for children at the homeless shelter and going to a retirement home with the kids and singing Christmas songs. The elderly people loved the kids and I could tell it really brightened their day.
We just got back on Thursday from Orlando where we spent Christmas with Don's family. All of his siblings were there with their spouses and we got to see our first nephew on that side, Isaac. He is the chubbiest, smiley kid. He is only four and a half months and already weighs 19 pounds. We hiked around, boated on the river, went to the beach and to the Ponce De Leon Lighthouse, and visited Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge. See the link below for pictures.
Well, that is our very brief review of the last few months. Have a great day!
13 comments:
um, yeah thats kind of creepy... but hey, at least having a blog makes it possible for some random girl that was in a Public Health class with you once to stock you too :).
Best of all I get to say CONGRATULATIONS on your bun in the oven!!! How have you been feeling? Keep me posted! I'm so excited for you!!!
Did I include enough exclamation points!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!- sorry, I just really am excited for you! There I go again.
Welcome back to the blogosphere Don and Emily. Congrat's on the upcoming baby! Let's not take six months to hear from you guys again. :)
I am so impressed by your pictures. I didn't know of your photography talent. We missed you guys over Christmas, but it looks like you had a great trip. I can't wait to find out what you are having. I hope you are feeling well. You look very cute, I love your little bump. Hope to here from you soon!
yeah Em!! I am so excited for you both. it sounds like things are going well with the pregnancy, i hope you are feeling good! Thanks for posting again, I have missed your posting since your funny one about getting into your new job!
YEAH! that is so exciting about the baby! i'm so happy for you! they are so much fun!!
I saw that you posted and almost had a heartattack! Good luck with the ultrasound, hopefully it cooperates.
Hi! Ok so I found your blog from your facebook page, that's really creepy about the people emailing you! We find out what our baby is on the 12th! We think we're having a boy too, but we'll see :)
Hold on, I'm getting up off the floor after I fainted with shock that you actually posted something! It was so fun reading your blog entry and seeing your cool pics. You don't look remotely pregnant, lucky girl!
If you go into settings, and put no on "Add blog to our listings" and "Let search engines find your blog" then very few people can find your blog. I also don't put our location or our last name on our blog as a safety precaution.
Congrats on the baby! I had no idea you were prego! Let me just tell you that having a baby is the GREATEST thing ever! I want to invite you to our blog but I don't know your email address. Email me at haileyyoung@hotmail.com so I can send you an invite! Love ya!
HOORAY FOR BABY!!!! I think I've said it before, but I'm SO happy for you Em!! Will you please let me know when you find out what you're having? That's so exciting! So...Patrick and I are having a little child, too :) I'm due June 30, so our babies will be about a month apart. Too bad we don't live by each other - they could've been the best of friends :) Love you!
Congrats on the pregnancy! :) Glad you removed company X's name, hopefully no more creepy emails!
Ok, so I clicked on your blog from the Franke's blog and then I felt bad for snooping around since I wasn't really invited to. But then I saw you have our blog linked on yours and thought, what the hey! So, Hi! How are you feeling? I'm totally stoked to find out what you are having!
Emily- That is so exciting! Congrats! Little boys are awesome! I should know- I have 2 of them! My blog is private and I like it so far. Email me at bella_mels@hotmail.com and I'll add you as a reader. If you decide to make your blog private as well, add me! Congrats again on the baby- that's awesome!
Post a Comment