Saturday, June 12, 2010

A Few Summer Firsts

Sam had two exciting new experiences this week.

First off, we bought a baby bike seat off Craigslist so we can cruise around town with Sammy. He loves it! Don and I have both taken him on several rides and I'm thrilled to use the car even less!


Sam looks like that mushroom on Super Mario Brothers with the helmet on. So funny!

He is so excited! I love this face.


We also participated in our first Family Housing "Water Days." Every week, each of the three Family Housing areas holds their own "Water Days" activity where they set up pools, slip n' slides, water toys, etc. for all the kids to come and cool off. I set them up in Smiley Court all summer last year while wearing Sam in the Moby Wrap, but he actually got to get in the pool for the first time this year to splash around. It was the first time I'd ever put him in his swimming suit. He doesn't love taking a bath, so I was nervous he wouldn't like it. He absolutely loved it, though, and was furiously splashing with both hands the entire time. I felt bad for the other kids because Sam was crazy and anyone near him got really wet.

Sam and Liesel having a grand old time! They are just a few weeks apart in age and have so much fun playing at church and at all Family Housing events.


Sam and Miss Liesel playing with the balls.


A ball for each hand. He wanted to hold on to them but couldn't figure out how to crawl around while holding them so he just kind of got stuck here for awhile trying to problem solve. "Should I put the balls down or should I crawl? Hmmm..."

Splashing like crazy next to Sean. I love Sean's face. That's how I feel every time I give him a bath, buddy. He is one crazy kid!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the bike seat! And Sammy is such a cute boy. I can't wait for our grandchildren...:)

Nick and Ashleigh said...

Ah, that looks like so much fun!

Updike Update said...

i've never seen one of those bike seats. it looks like sam loves it. what a fun way to get around.

Christine Lake said...

What a cool bike seat! You guys are so good with not driving a lot!!! I loves Sams need for balance of holding something in both hands.. so funny!

Margaret Black said...

I loved the video and pictures.

Jaclyn B. said...

Looks like a fun summer with that kiddo. I love kids in water!