Friday, September 24, 2010

Playdate at Purple Park & Rattlesnake Gulch Hike

Sam and I had a fun playdate the other day with our friends. Here are some pictures of the fun. Sam was so excited to be outside, he just kept running as fast as he could around and around the perimeter of the playground. He also has become quite the climber and loves climbing up and around all the playground equipment. He isn't quite stable enough to manage all the ledges, swinging bridges, etc., but he certainly dives in head first anyway (sometimes literally). It can be a little nerve-racking to play at the park with him, but we do it all the time anyway. He'll get the hang of it all soon. Until then, I'm on death prevention duty constantly. I guess that is your role as a mom of a 16-month old busy boy!



Em, Adelaide, Ashleigh, Logan, and Amy.


I like Amy giving little Logan a snuggle in this picture. 


Sam trying to share his rocks with Jaycee and Leah. I don't think they noticed this nice gesture, so instead, he just threw them at them. A classic Sam moment. He loves to throw anything and everything. I think we have an athlete on our hands.



Fun with rocks.


 I took my YW on a hike up Rattlesnake Gulch in Eldorado Canyon on August 18th. We didn't start quite early enough so we ended up hiking nearly the entire way down in the dark, but we had so much fun! I loved sharing my love of hiking, wildflower and tree identification, and geological fascination with them. I love being with my girls!



Rach, Em, Maddie, and Amy cruising up a steep section.


Meghin and Heather, striking a pose.


Heather, Amy, Maddie, Meghin, Em, Becky, and Rach at the top near the historic Crags Hotel ruins. The hotel burned down mysteriously in 1913, just four years after it was built. It is fun to poke around and find shards of old dishes and glasses and see the fireplace, which is still nearly intact.



Here are the girls at the old hotel fireplace.


As you can see, it was getting pretty dark... Here are Becky and Em. They are such awesome sisters. We miss Becky now that she's at BYU. 


Amy and Rach enjoying the view of the Continental Divide.

2 comments:

Nick and Ashleigh said...

I didn't know you had these cute pics! Would you maybe send me the ones with Leah in them if it's not too much trouble? Thanks!

Raspberry said...

Oh, I need to come to playgroup. I just keep forgetting!