Sunday, February 5, 2012

Harvest Party at the Farm

As soon as we got back from our adventure in Steamboat, we got ready and headed over to our farm's Harvest Party. It was a potluck (we were supposed to bring a dish made of locally grown foods). I can't remember what we brought but the dishes other people brought were delicious!


A photographer who is a member of the farm donated his talents and took pictures of the farm families with kids for free as a gift to us. He did an amazing job. His pictures are below.


Sam really liked the pumpkins and flowers Andy, the photographer, had set up for the photo shoot. 


We all guessed how much the great pumpkin that grew on the farm weighed. It was impossible to pick up because of the awkward size and was super heavy. It was entertaining watching people try to pick it up. After we all made our guesses about the weight, Rich loaded into a sling and used the tractor to lift and carry it to the barn for a weighing. We all got in the trailer for a hay ride and rode over together.





Hayride time! Sam was so excited about the tractor, especially because it was carrying the pumpkin. He still talks about it.




At the barn and ready to lower the pumpkin onto the scale.




Waiting for the weight. I think it weighed 97 lbs. The girl who guessed correctly got to take it home. I'm not sure how she got it out of her car. Don was pretty close and I was way off. 

Here are some pictures that Andy took of us:


All the farm babies.













Our favorite. I put this on our wall.









Driving the tractor! Sam's dream!





It was a great party. I just loved the farm. It was a wonderful community and I learned a lot and got to know a lot of like minded folks. I am excited for the new season to start.

1 comment:

Nick and Ashleigh said...

How nice to have such cute family pictures! I love the 1st one of the three of you :)