Saturday, February 4, 2012

Weekend in Steamboat

Once again, the diapers.com box was a favorite play place for Sammy. He loves those things to pieces (literally) and then we throw them away while he's sleeping. He'd be heartbroken if he saw us take his box away.


On October 15th, we drove to Steamboat Springs, CO to meet up with Don's sister Christine, her little girl, Garnet, and Don's parents for an overnight stay/adventure.


Here are a couple pictures I took on our drive to Steamboat. I loved the cloud formations over the mountains. It was a gorgeous day; a great day for a fall drive.



We hung out at the park and river and skipped stone/threw rocks for awhile since we were the first to arrive. 


Sammy kept flying off the edge of this really steep slide and landing on his bum. He thought it was funny so I got a shot of him shooting off the slide.




Skipping rocks at the river. 




Then, we met Christine at the Steamboat park and went on a hike. We got some delicious pizza for lunch and then headed back to our swanky hotel for a swim. 



Hanging out my the Springs. Phewy - it was sulphury.


On our hike. The aspens were breathtaking. 






A shower of gold leaves.


Racing down the trail.



Garnet is seriously the happiest, smiliest baby. I love her!


Sam's favorite part of the trip was probably this pile of rocks. He had so much fun climbing, sliding, and jumping on them.


Oh, and watching daddy jumping off of them. Silly daddy.




We had rented a suite with two rooms and a hide-a-bed so we could hang out and play games 'til all hours. It was the perfect set up.


A view out of our swanky suite.


Swimming at the pool! 



Sammy thought Christine's phone was pretty amazing. He loved watching videos of himself.


We went out to dinner at a Mexican restaurant and then played Pandemic, a new cooperative game Don and I bought, 'til about 1 am. It is a really fun game and really frustrating. We lost (the game beat us) over and over and finally figured out we were playing wrong. Then, we won. We still lose about half the time we play it. It's definitely worth checking out.

Sunday morning, we drove home. It was beautiful. Here are a few pictures of the fall colors.







We made a quick stop in Winter Park for lunch since I'd never been there and then headed home. It was a quick but relaxing little trip.

1 comment:

Cami P said...

I love the action shot of Sammy flying off the slide!