Monday, February 6, 2012

More Pumpkin Patches

Yes, it's time for more pumpkin patches! 

But before we get to the pumpkins, a quick picture of my pumpkin Sam. I thought this thug expression was so funny with his static-y hair and sweet beaded necklace (the one thing he wanted to take home from my mom's house). He didn't play with it once while we were there and since coming home, he wants to wear it all the time. I have to take it away from him, sometimes resulting in tears, before naps or bedtime. He loves necklaces and this one in particular. He has a thing for Mardi Gras beads, too. He likes to put them on me so I've several times found myself at a work meeting or at the grocery store and realized I'm wearing some sweet Mardi Gras beads. Being a mom is awesome!


I took Sammy to see another pumpkin patch (Munson Farms) and he had a great time chasing daddy long legs, looking at the old tractors, and touching as many pumpkins as he possibly could.




A spider!





Sam has suddenly taken an interest in all things culinary. He loves to watch me cook which has made my life wonderful. He used to cry and whine the entire time I'd try to make dinner or do dishes. Now, he pulls up a chair and wants to watch and "help" me. Usually his helping involved splashing around in the sink with various dirty dishes or playing with vegetable peels. Despite the messiness, I love that he wants to be with me in the kitchen and it is a great opportunity for us to practice counting (3 cups of flour, etc.) and to learn patience as we wait for things to cook (cookies are the hardest thing to wait for. Who cares about bread?) 


I thought that Sammy was so funny standing here with his hands in his pockets waiting to start our weekly bread making.


"Mom, I want to watch!"

Don's sister Christine and her baby Garnet came to visit us for a day as she was on her way to Don's parents' house for the week. We, of course, went to the pumpkin patch. It was another beautiful October day. Something about sunshine and pumpkins! It's irresistible to me!


Cottonwood Farms!



Sammy did not appreciate having to share his wagon with Garnet. Mean old moms just trying to take some cute pictures!



Goats






Pull!!!







Pulling hay out from the bales was the highlight of the trip for Sammy.




No comments: