Tuesday, May 5, 2009

2 funny things

Here are two funny things said in the last couple of weeks:

1. Don:

At the baby shower my church friends threw for me, we played a game where the people tried to guess what features I hoped the baby would inherit from me and which I hoped they would inherit for Don.  One of our good friends, Siri, picked the opposite of me nearly every time and would tell me why I was wrong each time.  Don said, "She picked my nose, right?" I thought it was really funny and started laughing like crazy.  It took Don a second to realize why I was laughing and then we both laughed and laughed for several minutes.

2. Emily:

One of my first duties as RM was to judge a chili contest.  I don't like chili at all and I've started to feel a little more nauseous again as I've gotten close to my due date. I was really hoping I wouldn't turn green after tasting someone's chili and I really hoped I wouldn't throw up.  

Luckily, no one watched the judging so no one saw me spit anything out.  Also I decided to judge the "nontraditional" category, which meant that most people from other countries had no idea what chili was, so they made all kinds of different stuff.  I had just met the other new Resident Managers and while I was eating a chili, another new RM asked me what I was having.  I started poking around in my bowl and told her, "I think it has some green chilis, pork, and tomatoes...".  Then, I looked at her face and saw that she was confused.  Only then, did I realize she was asking me whether I was having a boy or girl. It was a funny miscommunication!

2 comments:

Kerri said...

Funny! Glad your new job is going well.

Christine Lake said...

ha, i thought it was funny about the nose, just because its his nose, and then it clicked.