Monday, October 11, 2010

Adelaide's Birthday Party

My friend, Emily Rampton, threw the cutest 1st birthday party for her daughter, Adelaide. The food was amazing and the decorations were adorable! Her lemon cupcakes with raspberry and blackberry buttercream frosting were unreal. Anyway, here are some pictures of the cute party.


The party - complete with pennant banners and absolutely delicious food.


We waved these little flags with the "1"s on them while we sang "Happy Birthday". It was very cute.


The birthday girl with her cupcake cake, adorable hat, and flag.


Sam having fun playing with Jaycee and Laila. 


Yes, this watermelon has a spigot! They put lemonade in the watermelon and made the watermelon into a cooler! So clever!


Sammy throwing rocks, of course.


Sammy's friend, Leah, who loves him and always walks around saying "Shammy!" She is younger than Sam but is already almost speaking in full sentences. She is such a little genius. 


Em holding Adelaide. I can't get over what a cute and creative party it was! Way to go Em!

Don and I also went on an awesome date to the King Tut exhibit at the Denver Art Museum. I was confused as to why the exhibit was an art exhibit, but it really did focus primarily on the art of the time period. I found the reworking of statues of previous pharaohs by later pharaohs most interesting. They would have a sculptor chisel out their features in their predecessors statues so they wouldn't have to have entirely new statues created. Repurposing/recycling. Very economical. I also really liked the little side exhibit about the forensic science they've used to determine how King Tut died. They think he broke his leg and it became infected and the infection eventually killed him. It was a really interesting exhibit. I would definitely recommend seeing it. 

After the museum, we went to a cute little French restaurant downtown called Le Central. The petit chevre was fabulous! It was such a fun date! Don does such a great job planning romantic outings. I'm such a lucky girl to have such a thoughtful husband. 



Hanging out in front of the museum.


Don at the entrance of the exhibit.




I love the crazy statues they have outside the museum. This dustpan and broom one is a favorite of mine.


Here is the sweet little French restaurant.



No comments: