Monday, October 11, 2010

Camping at Cherry Creek Reservoir

We were able to get one last camping trip in before the cold weather came. We had a great weekend (Sept. 2-4) at Cherry Creek Reservoir with our great friends the Ramptons and the Wittwers.

Since Cherry Creek Reservoir is basically just outside of the city, we decided to live it up and go to our favorite burger joint in the world (the Cherry Cricket. SO GOOD!) for dinner on Friday night since it is right there in Cherry Creek. We thoroughly enjoyed our burgers and then headed to the campsite for doughboys, games, and campfire fun.

Sam had a terrible night and hardly slept at all. Don and I were both up with him for a good portion of the night, but despite that, we had a great time on Saturday. Saturday morning, Em and Rick made a delicious breakfast and Em, Erin, and I went on a quick jog. Then, we played some frisbee and took it easy while the kids napped and when they woke up, we headed over to the reservoir.

We had a great time swimming in the reservoir and enjoying the sun. I had never camped at a lake where it was really warm enough to swim, so it was a new adventure. We had a picnic on the beach and hung out 'til it was time for dinner.


We roasted hot dogs and made dough boys and then at about midnight, Don and I packed Sam up and headed home. We figured it wasn't worth it to stay and just get up and go to church in the morning so we got Sam home and slept a lot better than we would have otherwise. 

It was another fabulous camping trip. I was so pleased that we got out camping four times this summer. Hopefully next summer we'll be out even more! 



Here is Em, making her "Emily Face", as Rick called it. She vowed that she would make this face in every picture I took during the entire trip. She almost, did, too. I vowed that I would post them on my blog...so here's keepign up my end of the bargain. :) Love you, Em!


Hanging around the campfire after some delicious burgers!


Yes, she made the face again...and again. 



Breakfast burritos! So delicious!


Don making Sam his morning oatmeal with peanut butter. It is the one meal a day that we can count on him eating. He loves it!


Adelaide's fluffy pink leopard snowsuit was just too awesome not to include here. 


Erin, Jack, and Jim. Such a cute family.


Sammy being a chiller with his backwards hat.


Giving Sam a little water after the moms' run.


Enjoying the beautiful weather. It's so great to have such wonderful friends here!



Sam was in love with this intertube. He seriously sat here for a half hour, as happy as can be!


Making BLTs on our makeshift cooler table. 


I just loved these pictures of Jack. He is such a ham.




Digging is so fun!


Em, Rick and Adelaide heading for the water.



Sam usually isn't a huge fan of the water but this beach was just perfect for him. It was perfect for babies and really gently sloping grade so Sam could walk way out. 



We had so much fun splashing around.


Roasting hot dogs with a beautiful sunset in the background.


Adelaide and Jack had a great time tackling each other in the pack n' play while we made our dinners. Luckily, Sam was asleep by then.


Erin showing off her fabulous pig in a blanket.

1 comment:

Christine Lake said...

That lake beach looked warm and inviting, I want to go!