The day after we got back from Utah for Thanksgiving, Don and I drove down to Colorado Springs. Don's sister, April, was visiting for a couple weeks since her husband was on a business trip in Denver. We got to hang out with April and Brian and Don's parents. Then, on Monday morning, all the men went to work. Don's dad went on a business trip, Don went back to Boulder, and Brian went in to Denver.
So, the ladies got to hang out with the little boys. It had snowed Sunday night, so Monday, we got some snow boots and gloves for the kiddos. Then, we just hung out and relaxed. Tuesday, we took the kids out in the snow and hung out. April and I went on a nice run and in the evening, we watched a movie and just had some good girl time.
Isaac tromping around in his new fireman boots!
April giving Sam his stick.
Sam did not like his snow boots. He stood really still for a long time and then finally started walking around in a really clompy kind of way. Compared to his little leather slippers he usually wears, these are really heavy and uncomfortable.
Clomp, clomp, clomp...
Up the stairs to the deck to visit grammy.
Time for a ride on the sled!
Running up the hill as fast as I could. I didn't catch a picture of the downhill action where Sam decided to bail and tipped the sled over. Both Sam and Isaac went rolling. There were a couple cold, crying kids after that. It was really sad and funny at the same time.
Baby Grant - quite possibly the happiest, smiliest kid ever. He is so cute and he sleeps so much better than Sam and he's only 6 months old. :) I'm jealous.
Grammy, Grant, April, and Isaac. What cute nephews I have!
Sammy with the cousins.
Anyway, we drove home the next morning because I had the Young Women's in Excellence program to help with that night. The program went great and the girls did a fabulous job singing the four songs I helped them learn.
Unfortunately, Sam and I both got super sick with nasty head colds right after we got home. I think the no-sleeping business weakened our immune system significantly. Maybe that was why Sam wasn't sleeping in the first place? I'm still not sure. He did cut all four of his first molars a couple weeks later, so maybe that was it.
I had been asked to sing two solos in a ward musical program the next Friday and I was so sick, I was worried I would sound terrible. I was really blessed to be able to sing well and that my friend Sona gave me some nasal spray that cleared up my sinuses so I could breathe just before the program started.
It was really fun to get to spend time with April, Isaac, Grant, and Don's mom. I really feel like I belong in the Conkey family and feel so blessed to be surrounded by such wonderful, supportive family on both sides.











No comments:
Post a Comment