We got a burger at a pub next to the Pepsi Center and then headed in for the concert.
It was ridiculously entertaining. I had told Don that I thought it was kind of "butt rock" music (the way my brothers and I described grunge type music growing up) and he didn't believe me...
...until we saw the long haired guys in skin tight black clothes come down on platforms from the ceiling playing screaming guitar solos whilst throwing their hair around and around over their guitars as they stood in the power stance. Awesome.
So, we enjoyed some butt rock Christmas songs for about the first hour...
...and then, it got really long and the lyrics and songs were terrible. It was entertaining when they'd do classical or Christmas songs with electric guitars and electric violins, but it just kept going...and going. And most of the songs they were playing were not Christmas or classical, but terrible songs of their own making...
There they are - the rockers on platforms
Yes!!!!
Flames!
Lots of head banging/hair flinging whilst running around on huge platforms over the audience.
So, we eventually left. It was still very fun and memorable. I am amazed that people are still living this rocker lifestyle. I am really curious if they take themselves seriously or not. I bet they do. They are the real life version of Spinal Tap! Rad.
1 comment:
girl, you know how I love me some butt rock. I'm a huge def lepard fan!
Post a Comment