On Easter weekend, we went down to Colorado Springs to help Don's dad work on their house renovation. Don's mom was in Vernal helping Christine with her new baby so it was great that we were able to come down and get Don's dad to eat some real food. He tried to feed us cream of chicken soup for dinner which we continue to tease him mercilessly about. Yuck!
Sam and I colored and dyed Easter eggs while Daddy and Grampy worked on removing the windows in the two upstairs bedrooms.
We couldn't find any crayons so we used colored pencils. Sam gave me this cute smile when I told him to smile for the camera. Such a cutie!
Yay for Easter!
Sam was a big helper and was using his hammer to help daddy in the hallway.
Sam and I dyed a dozen eggs and had a great time getting the dye all over the eggs, ourselves and the counters.
Sammy showing off our eggs...
Sammy helped daddy and Grandpy board up the windows. It was bitterly cold that day so we basically took this picture and ran inside and watched from there.
We decided that boarding up the windows really made the place look like a crack house, particularly because they were a wood color. Don's dad has since painted the boards the same yellow as the house and soon the rooms will have nice new windows so the crack house look won't be permanent.
After Don and his dad finished boarding up the first window, we did our Easter egg hunt. I hid all the eggs we'd dyed and Sam quickly found them all. I'd even hidden some in pretty tricky spots but he wasn't outwitted. He's one smart kid.
Daddy and Sammy running around the log piles.
It was seriously so cold. I could hardly stand to be outside for the 20 minutes it took us to find the eggs. Brr!
We came back for church on Sunday and Don's dad came over for the afternoon. That evening, we had a bunch of friends over for an unusual Easter feast of gyoza, asian green beans, deviled eggs, corn pudding, and ginger cookies.
Sam loves bananas. He's recently started calling them "nany"s instead of "nana"s. This started when he transitioned from dada to daddy and mama to mommy. I think he just decided that if he liked something, it should end with a "y", instead of an "a" now. It's fun to watch his language evolve.
Nany!



No comments:
Post a Comment