Thursday, June 2, 2011

First Trip to the Aquarium, Saturday Bike Ride, Temple Trip, Farmer's Market

March 21-25 was CU's Spring Break. Family Housing puts on a Family Week that week where we get tickets to a bunch of different local museums/activities in the area and subsidize most of the cost so we, the poor residents, can experience the fun to be had in the area. For the activities outside of Boulder, Family Housing provides a bus.

Don and I took Sam to the aquarium in Denver this year. It was Sam's first bus ride and first trip to the aquarium and he loved it! He got really excited about sitting with daddy on the bus and looking out and seeing the cows along the way.


Here we are on the bus...



Sam loves fish so we knew he'd really enjoy the aquarium. He ran from room to room saying "Wow!" and pointing to every fish.



There was a scuba diver in one of the tanks feeding the fish. Sam was fascinated with her.




I took this picture of Sam with his two buddies, William and Adam. Staci (their mom) and I swap babysitting all the time so Sam and these boys know each other well. They always have fun together. I don't know what happened when I took this picture but for some reason, Sam looks like he is possessed and it makes me laugh.



I thought this picture was particularly "Jaws"-like with that shark swimming straight for us.


Sam really liked the stingrays. Some kind soul gave us some little fish they had bought so we could feed the rays and Sam was really excited about it. One ray came all the way up out of the water so Sam could touch him and Sam thought it was awesome. 


After our aquarium adventure, Don took Sam down by the river and let Sam throw rocks in the water. He was thrilled about it.





Sam got ridiculously muddy, though, so Don ended up carrying Sam like this back to the bus. I thought it was funny.

On Saturday, we took a family bike ride. It was chilly but fun. I think getting out on these little adventures together is the best part of my life. I look forward to them so much. Don is such a great daddy and Sam absolutely adores him. Spending time with daddy is definitely the best part of Sam's life. 



A chilly bike ride home...

On April 1, I went on a temple trip with the youth. I am always so impressed by how dedicated and strong these youth are. We live in a very difficult area (very liberal - very anti-religion) and our youth are spread across three high schools. They have to put up with a lot of opposition and downright persecution. I am so proud of how tightly they hold to their morals and how dedicated they are to their beliefs. It isn't easy, that's for sure. They inspire me to be better.



We always go to CiCi's Pizza (a pizza buffet) after our temple trips. The food is pretty nasty but the kids look forward to it and have so much fun together.


We went to the Boulder Farmer's Market the first day it started and it was crazy crowded, but fun. We couldn't find a place to lock our bikes because everyone bikes there! I just love all the hippies in the background of this picture. Overpriced organic vegetables and lots of dogs and dredlocks... you've got to love Boulder.

No comments: