On Saturday, April 16, Don and I took Sammy up on campus to the International Festival. The students from various countries put together displays about their countries, perform traditional dances and music, and serve food. It was so much fun to walk around and sample all the different food, meet people that Don works with, and watch the performances. Sam was mesmerized by it all.
Don (just after I cut his hair), and Sam watching the Thai students perform a dance. You could tell they were embarrassed to be dancing, particularly, the guys, but they were having fun. It was really entertaining.
Every April, the Westend Resident Managers put on a Ladies' Night complete with facials, mani/pedi, make your own bath salts/bubble bath, and chair massages.
Here I am with Maggie (L) and Nicole (middle), two of my awesome friends I've made through working in Family Housing. Nicole just moved away recently and I miss her like crazy.
The Relief Society and YW tied quilts for the three girls who graduated this year.
Here we are tying Meghin's quilt.
You see Amy lying under the quilt? I was under there for about two hours doing quality control because the flannel bottom was so hard to pull the thread through without it getting knotted. One of the girls worked so hard her fingers started bleeding. It was a fun, very difficult project.
Here's Meghin with her quilt. I'm going to miss this girl!
L to R - Cam, Megan, Sona, Megan, and Meghin. Working in YW is great!
No comments:
Post a Comment