Thursday, November 11, 2010

Hot Date Night - The 39 Steps


Don took me on a hot date downtown on October 11th. My awesome friend, Staci, watched Sam so Don and I could see "The 39 Steps", which is a play based on the book and Alfred Hitchcock film. The play started at 6:30 pm, so we grabbed a sandwich (my favorite - The Brooklyn Bomb from New York Deli) and then drove straight down. We didn't have tickets but we thought it was worth the risk of being able to get a $10 student ticket for Don rather than paying $47 for both tickets. The lady at the ticket booth looked at Don's student ID and then asked me if I was a student too. I said no and she said, "Really?..." and I told her I really wasn't. Being honest paid off, though, and she decided to give me a $10 ticket too. SWEET!

So, we got to see this hilarious and very well done play (4 actors play all the parts which gets really hilarious when they have to be little kids or women, etc.) and then we walked around downtown and got a huge muffin at a bakery and some frozen yogurt.

We had such a great time. I love that Don plans these great romantic dates for me. I'm such a lucky girl!




No comments: