Sammy and I went to the Boulder Reservoir with some good friends, Adrienne, Kaia and baby Sienna. Adrienne and I were in the same prenatal yoga class at the hospital here in Boulder. We hardly got to know each other at all during the class but were the same week along in our pregnancy. About a year and a half after Sammy was born, Don and I had just finished skiing and were at Qdoba getting some food. We were standing behind a couple with a little girl just Sammy's size and I started talking to the mom. When we figured out how close in age our kids were, we looked at each other and suddenly recognized each other. We both looked pretty different since we were no longer 8 months pregnant and 40 lbs. heavier than usual.
We started hanging out all the time and Sam and Kaia are the greatest of friends. We just spent time with them this morning, in fact.
Funny story about Kaia and Sammy: A couple weeks ago, we were over at Adrienne's house. Kaia and Sammy were running around from room to room playing while Adrienne and I were talking. Kaia ran in and said very matter of factly, "Sammy's dead."A little concerned, I ran into the hallway and there Sammy was - just laying face down on the carpet taking a rest. He does this frequently. I wish I could just lay down wherever and whenever I felt sleepy and it would be socially acceptable.
A few days later, we were at our church Christmas party and Sam was running around with about 10 kids at the back of the gym. I didn't see him for a couple minutes so I went back to look for him and found him laying under the Christmas tree nearly getting trampled by the kids who were still running around him wildly. As I was approaching, an older kid (probably 7) kept trying to pick him up and Sam went all boneless and kept sliding out of the kid's arms. Oh Sammy - you are a funny kid!
Back to the Res...
Sam was so excited about the water! I thought he would be really hesitant since it was your usual murky lake water but not so! He was splashing and bobbing around. I had to keep a constant eye on him so he wouldn't go out too far.
Adrienne and cute little Kaia
Sam absolutely loved the Res. The little beach area they have for kids is fantastic! We had never been there prior to our outing with Adrienne and crew but the following Tuesday, we went boating there with our friends Lauren and Turner and their little girl Molly. I didn't have my camera but I had a great time wakeboarding and tubing. Don had just finished riding 126 miles on his bike from Boulder to the top of Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park (post about that to come) so he was exhausted and didn't wakeboard. He did, however, dominate on the tube. Sam absolutely hated the lifejacket and screamed hysterically for about 20 minutes after we got on the boat. He finally calmed down and enjoyed the speed and watching mommy and daddy on the water. It was such a great time. Thanks, L and T!
1 comment:
"Sam is dead." That is hilarious he took a little nap right there. What a cute, funny kid! And 126 miles? Whew! Way to go, Don! Em, all of these pics are SO cute! Great update!
Post a Comment