For the last three years I (Don) have tried to do one epic bike ride at the end of the summer. In 2009 I did the Copper Triangle. In 2010 I rode to the top of Mt. Evans (elev. 14,265 ft). This year a couple friends and I decided to ride from Boulder (elev. 5,200 ft) to the top of Trail Ridge Road (elev. 12,200 ft) and back. We took the route through Lyons, following the N. St. Vrain River to Estes Park. Then rode into Rocky Mountain National Park and up Trail Ridge Road. It was a perfect day for a bike ride. By the end of the day we had logged 125 gorgeous miles and 9,500 feet of climbing!
Leaving Lyons along the N. St. Vrain River
Dropping into Estes Park
Entering Rocky Mountain National Park
Starting up Trail Ridge Road
I was pointing to the where the road was winding
Above tree-line, approaching 12,000 ft
Enjoying the view
Coasting home
Elk in Estes
1 comment:
Awesome!
Post a Comment