On Labor Day, we went on a hike with our fabulous friends, Laurie-Anne and Russell and their two little boys, Joshua and William. We headed up into the Flatirons and climbed up for a nice view.
This picture of William totally passed out on Russell's back makes me laugh.
On our way down the trail, we decided that we wanted some good cheese. Laurie-Anne is French, Russell served a 2 year mission for our church in France, and Don and I are major cheese lovers. When we get together, we talk food and Russell educates us about cheese. Laurie-Anne laughs about how Russell cares so much more about food than she does and she's the one who is French. Russell's excitement about food is contagious. Listening to him makes me want to buy a ticket to France right away so I can slowly eat my way through the country!
We decided to head up to the Cheese Importers Warehouse in Longmont to buy some cheese. We drove there only to find it was closed so we headed back to Boulder for some Mexican food. Russell really likes Casa Alvarez so we went there. I got the chimichanga and was by far the best chimichanga I've ever had. Now I'm craving it!
These boys all look so much alike - they could be brothers. Sam and Josh have the same brown spot in just one of their blue eyes, too. Sam and Josh absolutely love each other and Sam always wants to play with Josh. He asks about his everyday. When they see each other they get really excited and hug each other. They are the best of buds.
We did eventually make it up to the Cheese Importers Warehouse with the Parks and bought a bunch of delicious cheeses on Russell's recommendation. Laurie-Anne then had us over for a fabulous French dish made with thick slabs of cheese, potatoes, bacon, and onions. It was amazing. For dessert, we had yogurt with chestnut cream mixed it. Yum.
2 comments:
Emily!!! I don't know how I got here, but I've been wondering how you guys have been doing! I love your blog! We have one too, but I am like 2 years behind! I'm still "pregnant with Avery" in mine...oh well...some day I'll catch up :-)
Ohhhh! I love this Em. It was such a fun day, I'll have to link your post to my blog.
Post a Comment